Click on the image above to view a video of the working layout
Situated on the Somerset coast, Burnham was once important as the northern terminus of the Somerset &Dorset Joint Railway which linked the Bristol and English channels together. The railway opened on May 3rd 1858 with the station unusually featuring a short overall roof and a long platform for excursion trains. The station closed to normal passenger traffic on 25/10/51, excursion traffic on 08/09/62 and goods on 20/05/63.
The model was made to 2mm Finescale standards and exhibited by the late Denys Brownlee. The layout was stored after his death and has recently been acquired by John Perrett who is in the process of its restoration. Most of the restoration to date has been beneath the baseboard.
Click on any image to view fullsize